What are the advantages of metal 3D-printing?
The economic benefits from metal 3D-printing depend heavily on the geometry and the application. As a rule, the following benefits can be achieved:
Production costs independent of component complexity
- Weight reduction through topology optimization or lightweight structures
- Functional optimization through hybrid or integral design
- Design freedom in component development
- Shapeless and near-net-shape production for shortened product development process
- Added value in the material system through material selection and parameter adjustment